“Wisdom is the daughter of experience.”
– Leonardo Da Vinci
The Sacred Space Doula Wisdom mentoring program is specially designed to accompany doulas, at any stage of their journey, seeking guidance and direction from an experienced doula. The program is designed by a doula for doulas, knowing what is important to you as you grow into the best doula you can be.
Growing your doula business can be daunting, especially when confronted with all the necessary decisions and actions needed to keep going. Having someone mentor you, as you find and establish your path, is an essential part of nurturing yourself whilst you nurture others.
The goal of the Doula Wisdom program is to help you to be confident in what you do, to be authentic in all you do and to find your own unique doula character.
Included in the Doula Wisdom Mentorship Program
- Quarterly one-on-one mentorship call – tailored session to discuss your needs, goals and growth. Topics that can be discussed include: debriefing after a traumatic birth experience, receiving feedback on past births to help you grow from your experiences, reviewing current clients and how to best support them. You can pick Lia’s brain for advice on oddball situations at a birth, schedule permitting.
- Monthly Doula Wisdom Circle – zoom meeting with fellow mentees and mentor. A gathering of doulas to connect, chat, get to know, form bonds and establish referrals and back ups. This is your village, where you get nourished and supported by others.
- Monthly Doula Wisdom Workshop – live meeting on zoom to learn, discuss and grow in your knowledge. Drawing from Lia’s experience through the years, start out or continue your journey ahead of the pack. Find out what makes Lia’s doula business buzz even in a foreign country with limited language skills.
- Exclusive access to the sacred Space Doula Wisdom Facebook group – a safe place to share together and learn from each other. You may have a burning question and the answers you receive may benefit someone else down the line. This is how Doula Wisdom is shared.
Topics that will be discussed and covered in the Doula Wisdom Mentoring program:
- Finding your ideal client
- How to handle doula enquiries
- How to lead confident and effective doula interviews
- Building relationships with clients and partners
- Balancing work and private life
- How to stay grounded in difference situations
- Identifying your unique doula skills
- Pricing of doula packages
- Team building and back up
- Contracts and forms
- Brand awareness
- Advertising and marketing
- Avoiding compassion fatigue/burnout
- Establishing boundaries
- Self-reflection and self-awareness
- Goal setting and objectives
- Personal versus professional needs
- Continuing education on birth related topics
- Advocacy and activism in the birth setting
Schedule of Intakes and Investment:
CURRENT INTAKE DATE:
April 2021 (limited to 10 qualifying applicants)
NEXT INTAKE DATE:
July 2021 (wait-listed candidates)
€75 quarterly access (3 months)
€250 full year access
Complete the application form below to be considered for eligibility into this first round.
One-on-one mentoring support
For those moments when you need something more. Rosalia also provides additional one-on-one mentoring support for Doula wisdom group members as well as anyone else needing advice or support in their doula work.
€30 – 30 min
€50 – 1hr
Schedule a zoom session with Rosalia below:
Certification finalisation through Sacred Space Doula Training is for doulas that want to complete certification but have not done so. Certain requirements are necessary to be able to enroll in this program.
- Must have attended a previous doula training with another qualifying training organisation
- Attended a minimum of 5 births and documented own impressions and thoughts of what was learnt at each birth and how these have assisted in growing as a doula
- Provide a list of continued education
- A reading list with brief introspective notes
- A brief self-assessment
- Agree to fulfil certain requirements that are missing from their training or home study to bring them up to speed with SSDT guidelines
- Active participation in the Mentorship program (the minimum 2 quarters included in the fee)
- Write an online exam
- Agree to abide by the Sacred Space Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
Certification finalisation fee is €500
-includes 2 quarters of membership to Doula Wisdom Mentoring program
-payment plans are possible
Read through the information provided in the download, regarding all the requirements and upon deciding this is the path you would like to follow email Rosalia to begin your finalisation.
Download full information
About your mentor
Rosalia Pihlajasaari is an experienced doula since 2003 and doula trainer since 2007. She is the founding member of DOSA – Doulas of Southern Africa and has successfully re-invented her doula work in a new country with little to no language skills.
Rosalia has attended over 1350 births in different settings, from outlying government hospitals in South Africa to privatised birth centres and homes. She has also attended different types of births from water births, breech, stillbirth to caesarean births in surgical theatres in Finland and South Africa. Her own Doula Wisdom helps her to support her clients as well as her fellow doulas when needed. Her deepest desire is to see support for people that want it from doulas that are able and prepared to offer this special care.